Sunday, July 2, 2017

Decoding Morse Code

I found it rather difficult to learn Morse code. So I searched for a software that decodes Morse code.
The best CW decoder software that I found was "CW Skimmer" that can be obtained from:
http://www.dxatlas.com/cwskimmer/
This is an excellent software and it is probably justified that it is not free software. It costs $75. I think it is worth that money. But I wanted a free alternative and kept looking for free CW decoder software and I could not find anything that was nearly as good as CW Skimmer. So I decided to write my own software for Windows. So far, I have a beta version that is not nearly as good as CW Skimmer but it works reasonably well for me. Here is a link to my free CW decoder software if you want to give it a try:
My CW Decoder Software
This link is to a ZIP archive that contains installation files for 32-bit and 64-bit Windows systems. If you test this software, I would love to hear back from you for suggestions to improve the software. Unfortunately, I have not written a Manual yet. But that's on the ToDo list.


My CW Decoder Software
It decodes the full audio spectrum up to 22 kHz, which is interesting when using the Pixie Transceiver, because this transceiver has a very open front end and you can see multiple CW stations in the full audio range up to 22 kHz.
For sending Morse code I use the free "CW Type" software. I found this software to be excellent. It can be obtained from:
http://www.dxsoft.com/en/products/cwtype/

No comments:

Post a Comment